The museum opened for the first time in September 2003 and was equipped by the local history club "Die Pappenheimer" named after the famous Earls of Pappenheim.
It contains several exhibitions:
- History of Wespenstein castle
- The history after the German reunification including the old owners Mr. Kenyeres and Mr. Laass.
- Dokumentation of the restauration and rehabilitation works starting in 2003
An additional exhibition with rural and festive clothes was presented by Mrs. Kirchhübel on the 12.9.04 in 3 new rooms. In September 2006 two additional rooms were opened with a porcelain exhibition and hand made clothes from grandma´s times.
On the same day archaeological findings which were arranged and determined by Bernd Bechtold, were presented.
In the museum of the city of Gräfenthal Georgstift on the main road you may find additional information on the castle. Old documents and a model of the castle can be seen.
April to October:
every Saturday and Sunday at 15 o´clock.
November to March:
Saturday and Sunday with pre-reservation only.
Please call the Wespenstein foundation +49/176/96532338 or write an email to email@example.com
Guided tours are available as well on midnight.
Carriage made in 1890 before and after the restauration
tour in Gösseldorf 2005 with horse riding for
A sledge was bought in July 2004 in Reutlingen which was built in 1870. But it is still waiting for the restauration works.
Horse sledge made in 1870 before the restauration works